Sunday 3 October 2010

ATP Tokyo next week

The latest ATP tournament to come, worth 500 points and 1.1 million$ to the winner. The draw includes world number 1 Nadal, world number 10 Roddick, winner at Bangkok Garcia-Lopez, Tsonga, Melzer, Monflis, Lopez, Gulbis, Llodra, Del Potro, Gasquet and Finalist at Bangkok Nieminen.

I will now put my views on how their tournaments will go.

Nadal - A deadly force and world number 1, this is the first time he has played at this tournament and he approaching the end of his best season. I think he will go all the way and win the title.

Roddick-He hasn't been in good form for a while and, while having the potential to reach the final, I think he will fall at the Semi-Finals.

Garcia-Lopez-After a great week at Bangkok, I think he will fall in the quarter-finals here.

Tsonga-After returning recently back to play, I think he won't be good enough to make a big impact and will fall in his first round match.

Melzer-After going out early at Bangkok, I think he can make some distance here and will go out in the Semi-Finals

Monflis-After a great run to the Quarter finals at the US Open, I think Roddick will be too much for him and match his US Open run of the Quarter Finals.

Del Potro-After falling at the first hurdle in Bangkok in his first match in about 9 months, I see him falling at the first round again.

Nieminen-Nieminen is in great form and narrowly lost at Bangkok, so I see him making another final, after beating Roddick in a close match but losing to Nadal in the final.

Lopez, Gulbis, Gasquet and Llodra-I don't see any of these players making much distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment